Join us for a special edition of Dune Talk show, dedicated to the world premiere of Dune: Part One at the Venice Film Festival and the critics reviews. We are joined by returning special guest Mark (from DuneInfo), as we break down the critics’ commentaries, viewer reactions, and what they all mean for the success of the movie.
News stories covered in the ‘Dune Movie News’ segment of today’s show:
- As the world premiere screening commenced at Venice Film Festival, embargoes were lifted and scores of largely positive reviews for Dune: Part One hit the internet. Critics have high praise for the director and scope of the film, while a minority have criticisms regarding accessibility and the two-part approach. Wider reactions on social media, are overwhelmingly triumphant.
- Prior to the premiere, Denis Villeneuve and stars of Dune spoke to media at the official Venice Film Festival press conference. Topics included challenges of adapting the story and how its themes are especially relevant today. Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, and Javier Bardem shared insights regarding their experience filming the movie and how they prepared their roles.
- The Dune Sketchbook (Music from the Soundtrack), first of three albums composed by Hans Zimmer for the movie, has been released! Listen or download from your favorite music services including Apple Music, Spotify, and Amazon music. Read our earlier feature on the three Dune soundtracks for more details and YouTube playlist.
On this episode:
- Marcus Gabriel | @DuneNewsNet
- Simon Daoudi | @sdaoudi
- Garin Granata | @DuneCompanion
- Johnny Sobczak | @JohnnySobczak
- Mark / DuneInfo | @DuneInfo
Do you have a question or suggestion for future episodes of Dune Talk? We want to hear from you! Tweet out to @DuneTalkShow, reply to our Instagram posts @DuneTalkShow, or simply leave your note in the comment section below.
Special thanks goes out to Ashton GIeckman for music and Sheldon Lee for voice overs.